Internet marketing is just like the military: The higher you rank the better. On the web, getting a higher rank is much easier than the military thanks to search engine optimization.
Most people pay for Google ads and other PPC placement, which is really a waste of money. You can improve search engine rankings with some time-tested SEO tools and techniques. Here are some that you can do immediately that will boost your website search engine rankings immediately:
- Change Your Title – Most people try to come up with catchy titles and unique catch phrases that they think will wow their visitors and get people to click on their website. the truth is website marketing is not about creativity, it’s about content. For example, to improve search engine rankings change the title of your website to a general search term. If you’re website sells a brand new type of super-comfy bedroom slippers called “Fuzzables” don’t put “Fuzzables” in your title. Why not? Because it is a new term and people probably aren’t searching for it. Once you’re as popular as “Webkinz” or “Bratz Dolls” then you can title your website “Fuzzables.” Until then, stick to a general search term like “fuzzy slippers” or “novelty slippers.” The words in your title should match the terms that people will search for to find your product. This is one of the simplest and most underused ways to improve search engine rankings.
- Change Your Description – Search Engines scan your title first and your description second. You should include some more popular search terms in your description as well. Sticking with the above example, a good description for your “Fuzzables” sales page might be, “Home of Fuzzables Fuzzy slippers, Novelty slippers, womens slippers, mens slippers, kids slippers.” (I left out the apostrophes on purpose. Most people don’t type them when they search.)You have loaded your description with about 6 different search terms https://www.toolsplan.com.
This is a fantastic way to improve your search engine rankings
- Write An Article – An article like this one will be picked up by hundreds of different websites and blogs. It will also give you the opportunity to add a link to all of those websites and blogs. The more links you have to your webpage the higher you will be ranked in the search engines. Make sure you follow the same rules for your link as you do for your title. For example, the text in your article that links to your website should not be “Click Here for Fuzzables.” Why not? Because, while the Internet has over 1 Billion users, I guarantee that none of them are searching for the term “click here for Fuzzables.” So, when linking to your website make sure that your anchor text is “Fuzzy Slippers.” One well-written article with appropriate link text can put you on page one of Google or Yahoo faster than you can say “Fuzzables!”
- Make A Video – Making a video is an exceptional way to improve search engine rankings. As far as SEO tools it is also one of the most fun and most effective. Why? Because you can title your video the same way you would your sales page. Then, you can add a link to your video description that links back to your sales page. Now, when people search for “fuzzy slippers” there are two pages that could come up and both will direct them to your slippers. If someone clicks on your video then they will probably click on your link and end up at your store. You have just doubled your website exposure and hopefully your sales. Congrats!
- Blog – Blogging regularly is less about blogging and more about coming up with new content to improve search engine rankings. Every time you blog you will add a link back to your site. Every link back to your site increases your visibility. Yes, you are educating the public about the importance of having a comfortable pair of fuzzy slippers, but you are also creating links for yourself. It’s helpful and selfish at the same time. I prefer to call it a win-win. Best of all, you can set-up a blog for free. Free traffic! That sure beats the heck out of paying for expensive clicks!
These are, of course, the basic SEO tools that you can use. Search Engine Optimization is a science that changes everyday. To really master SEO takes time (at least a few days) but these are some simple tools that you can implement right away to improve search engine rankings. Don’t thank me. Once you start making wads of cash you can just send me a pair of slippers… size 10½.